There are four Environment Rating Scales (ERS), each designed for a different segment of the early childhood field:
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS)
- Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale (FCCERS)
- Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS)
- School-Age Care Environment Rating Scale (SACERS)
The scales have proven reliability and validity and are suitable for evaluating inclusive and culturally diverse programs. Each one of the scales has items to evaluate, including physical environment; basic care; curriculum; interaction; schedule and program structure; and provisions for parents and staff.
- Environment Rating Scale Summary of Findings--EED 4002 (Revised Mar-2022): Use to summarize key findings and quality improvement plans from Environment Rating Scales.
- Compile Program ERS Subscale Scores Worksheet: For assistance in computing your contract or program ERS subscale scores across multiple classrooms/FCC Network homes, use this Word worksheet. NOTE that this is a Word document worksheet not an Excel file.